- This event has passed.
Watercolor Masters Series: Fabio Cembranelli
July 19 - July 21$525
Instructor: Fabio Cembranelli
Dates: July 19, July 20 & July 21 from 10:00am – 4:00pm
Skill Level: All/Some Exp Preferred
Cost: $525 for this 3 day intensive workshop
The Firefly Artists are pleased to announce this 4th installment in our Watercolor Masters Series championed by Firefly Jan Guarino, a lifelong learner who loves to bring artists who inspire her in to teach you!!!
Fabio Cembranelli, a renowned Brazilian artist, started painting at university, where he studied architecture. After graduating, he took drawing, sculpture and photography courses in his home town of São Paolo, and continued his studies in Europe and US during the 90s. He still lives and works in São Paulo. His paintings feature in exhibitions and collections worldwide,
Fabio currently works in two artistic fields: watercolours and acrylics, and his unique and luminous floral watercolours are known internationally.
Explaining why he has chosen transparent watercolour as his favorite medium, he says, “What compels me to paint with this approach is the possibility of painting quickly. It suits my personality best — the fluidity of the medium provides a unique sensation of unexpected colour mixing, particularly when I define only the main masses and allow the unpredictable to happen on the rest of the paper. Timing is quite important in my method. I lean intuitively toward realism, but the right speed forces me to create diffused effects and shapes. I love painting flowers and landscapes in watercolour and I’m always enchanted by the attempt to capture the contrast between loose and definitive edges, as well as light and shadow effects.”
Fabio teaches painting techniques in his studio, in art galleries, as well as workshops and painting holidays throughout Brazil and abroad. Nowadays his work is focused on plein air painting, observing and studying nature firsthand at inspiring outdoor locations.
In the upcoming years he will be tutoring several workshops in Europe, Asia and North America. He is also a regular contributor to various painting magazines and also works as illustrator for some publishing in South America.
Workshop structure: Intuitive Approaches to Watercolor
Fabio Cembranelli will guide artists in developing loose and intuitive watercolor techniques enhancing their own personal approach.
- wet on wet techniques using transparent pigments only;
- watercolor painting on damp paper;
- how to take advantage of unexpected things that may happen during the painting process;
- the importance of the white of the paper in watercolor: how to save or restore it;
- fundamentals of composition: how to create a powerful focal point;
- how to capture the beauty and freshness of flowers;
- how to depict the beauty of nature in your artwork;
- light and shadow effects on balconies, gates, windows;
- landscapes: water reflections, skies, flower fields;
- color mixing: background colors for florals, green mixing for landscapes,
- how to avoid a muddy mixing;
- how be successful taking risks during the painting process.
Fabio will paint two or three demos per day; he will also conduct critical sessions every day.
(Please note that the image shown is a artist sample only, and not what will be painted during the workshop)
Sign up for the workshop today! Spots are limited for this exclusive event.
*A $20 processing fee will be charged on any refunds. No refunds after July 10, as we will have already committed to the instructors fee)