Artists Call for Entry:
I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
Entry Deadline: October 8, 2023
Entry Fee: $35.00
Work Submission: Max 1 image
Call Type: Exhibition
Exhibition: Oct 18 – Nov 16, 2023
Eligibility: Local, Long Island
This exhibition at The Firefly Artists’ Gallery at 90 Main Street, Northport, NY celebrates Joyce Kilmer’s famous poem and its subject “Trees.” Artists from throughout Long Island are invited to submit artwork that primarily features trees for this juried call. The Firefly Artists takes no responsibility for shipping, and requires hand delivery and pickup of works.
All original media is acceptable, such as drawing, painting, photography, printmaking, mixed media, sculpture, collage, fabric work, glasswork, jewelry and digital media. Entries must be original artwork, no reproductions (with the exception of photography).
Accepted 2D works must be framed, wired and ready to hang or display. Maximum size of outside frame on longest side is 36”. Accepted Jewelry pieces must also be framed. Artists submit works at their own risk and understand that they are responsible for insuring their own works.
The exhibition will be on display from October 18 – November 16, 2023.
All art submitted for exhibition must be for sale. The gallery will take a 35% commission on sold pieces. The sale price provided during submission of the work for exhibition may not be subsequently changed.
Oct 8 – Submissions due.
Oct 10 – Final acceptance letters sent
Oct 15, 12:00pm – 3:00pm – Selected works drop off
Oct 16, 5pm – 8:00pm Selected works drop off
Oct 18 – Nov 16 – Exhibition at The Firefly Artists
Nov 4 – 3:00pm – 5:00pm – Art Reception
Nov 17 – 5:00pm – 8:00pm – Artwork Pickup
Nov 18 – 3:00pm – 5:00pm – Artwork Pickup
First, Second, Third and Honorable Mention.
Accepted 2D works must be framed, wired and ready to hang or display. Maximum size of outside frame on longest side is 36”. Accepted Jewelry pieces must also be framed. Each submitted piece of work shall include (1) Artist Name (2) Name of Work, (3) medium/full description of the materials used.
Each artist may submit one entry for $35. Please also email a photograph of the artwork and completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pay the submission fee via the website www.thefireflyartists.com or deliver a printed/signed application and check to The Firefly Artists, 90 Main St. Northport NY 11768. Notices of acceptance will be released on October 10, 2023.
DROP OFF/PICK UP
All accepted works MUST be delivered and picked up in person to The Firefly Artists Gallery at 90 Main Street, Northport, NY. Each selected work shall be delivered with (1) Artist Name (2) Name of Work, (3) medium/full description of the materials used.
Drop off: Oct 15, 12:00pm – 3:00pm, Oct 16, 5pm – 8:00pm
Pickup: Nov 17 – 5:00pm – 8:00pm, Nov 18 – 3:00pm – 5:00pm
The Firefly has very limited storage space. A storage fee of $5 per day will be accrued for pieces of art left beyond November 20, 2023 until the art is picked up. Special arrangements must be made for any pickup that must occur after November 18, 2023. After 30 days of the show’s ending, The Firefly Artists reserves the right to place objects in storage at the Lender’s/Applicant’s risk and expense.
First, Second, Third and Honorable Mention.
(See terms and conditions below)
Submit your payment for the Call for Entry below.
Terms and Conditions
Artists shall provide insurance coverage for their own works while on view at The Firefly Artists Gallery.
The Firefly Artists assumes the cost of publicity and shall have the right to photograph accepted works and to create videos including accepted works for such purposes. Such publicity, including selection of media and photographs, will be made at the discretion of the managing partners of The Firefly Artists. Publicity may include: mailing, emails, social media and website postings, and distribution of show announcements, press releases, gallery interpretive displays or other didactic material associated with the exhibition, as well as advertisements in newspapers and other publications if any are warranted.
PHOTO IMAGERY & STATEMENT:
The Applicant grants permission to use submitted images and statement as well as any images of your work created by The Firefly Artists for publication and promotional purposes. The Firefly Artists shall have the right to publish any such photographs and statements furnished by the artist with no payment to the artist or the photographer who produced the image. Applicants must secure publication permission from the photographer if copyrighted; and provide the same to The Firefly Artists.
1. Eligibility is open to artwork fitting the criteria under the ELIGIBILITY section of the call description.
2. Not eligible would be reproductions (with the exception of photography).
3. All artworks must be for sale. The sale price provided during the application process may not be subsequently changed. The gallery takes a 35% commission.
4. Objects lent to The Firefly Artists for the exhibition shall remain in its possession for the time specified unless specific arrangements are made for extension of the loan. Objects may be withdrawn from exhibition only by mutual consent of the Lender/Applicant and The Firefly Artists. Otherwise, discretion rests with The Firefly Artists as to whether or how long objects lent to it shall be exhibited to the public.
5. Applicants are responsible for insuring their own works. The Firefly Artists will give reasonable care and supervision to objects on loan. Evidence of damage to objects at the time of receipt or while in The Firefly Artists custody will be noted upon arrival. No alteration, cleaning, or restoration of loaned objects will be undertaken without verbal or written authorization of the Lender/Applicant. The Lender/Applicant certifies that objects are in good condition.
6. If show requires in person drop-off and pick-up of artwork, participating artists must be able to do so on the designated days/times. If artwork is not picked up on designated days a storage fee of $5 per day will be accrued for pieces of art left beyond designated date until the art is picked up. After 30 days of the show ending, The Firefly Artists reserves the right to place objects in storage at the Lender/Applicants risk and expense. If a call allows shipping artwork a prepaid return label and shipping box/packing materials must be provided upon delivery of artwork.
7. In the event of loss or damage to art work, the Lender/Applicant hereby releases The Firefly Artists, its officers, directors, agents, employees, and volunteers from liability for any and all claims arising out of such loss or damage outside of the limits of the insurance retained by The Firefly Artists.
8. The Lender/Applicant, if applicable, reserves ownership of all copyright, whether under common law or statute, in the objects lent. Subject to this reservation, the Lender/Applicant authorizes and licenses The Firefly Artists to:
a. exhibit the objects, exercising due care that they are photographed or reproduced only as specified herein;
b. photograph the artworks, create videos including the artworks and file prints/footage for records and promotion of the exhibit.
c. lend such photographs and video footage for reproduction in copyrighted newspapers and periodicals;
d. permit such publications to make their own negatives for copyrighted reproduction;
e. publish materials such as artist bios, statements, resumes, slides, personal photographs, videos unless protected by statutory copyright, provided that no such photograph slide or reproduction be offered to unrestricted sale. Any photographs or slides lent for purposes stated above must be marked “Courtesy of (name of the Lender/Applicant or Lender/Applicant desired credit line).” Statutory copyright in any reproduction must be assigned to the lender/applicant of the object on demand.
9. Following the expiration of the loan period, the object(s) will be released to the Lender/Applicant according to the instructions on the face of this agreement. At such time, The Firefly Artists may request the removal of any property deposited with it by written notice to the Lender/Applicant. If The Firefly Artists, after making all reasonable efforts and through no fault of its own, shall be unable to return the object(s) within thirty (30) days, then The Firefly Artists shall have the absolute right to place such objects in storage at the Lender/Applicant’s risk and expense.
10. If ownership shall change during the loan period, the new owner will be required to establish proper right and title to the object prior to its release by proof satisfactory to The Firefly Artists.
11. The valuation is as provided by the Lender/Applicant and is not to be considered an appraisal by The Firefly Artists.